It is kind of funny… when you have a newborn it seems SO hard getting a great photo. They won’t open their eyes, or turn their head the right way… and their scrunched up little bodies are hard to get positioned in just the right way. Fast forward to the toddler years and all of a sudden photographing a newborn seems like a piece of cake. How in the world do you get a toddler to sit still long enough to get a photo, let alone get them to leave their little fingers off of the BB Blocks you are trying to photograph them with?
I am certainly no expert… but since I am now photographing my third child with BB Blocks, here are a few tips I’ve discovered to get through those toddler photo sessions:
1. Incorporate toys into the photo shoot
2. Give him a snack
3. Put him on a chair…
4. …Or in a box…
5. Or on a riding toy… anything that slows him down!
6. Try a change of scenery – sometimes just getting her out of the house will buy a few smiles
6. Let him play and be silly! Instead of asking him to sit still, look at the camera and smile – capture his silly personality.
8. Give her a surprise that doubles as an awesome photo prop